NEW STAR production process includes Sample Making - Order Confirmation - Fabric & Accessories Purchasing and Testing - Technical Preparation - Cotton Making and Quilting - Tailoring/Punching - Sewing - Cleaning - Finished Product Inspection (FQC) - Packaging and Shipment.
1. Fabric and Accessories IQC
After entering factory, the fabric material will be enforced quantity check and quality inspection. Firstly, we will carry out confirmation to the fabric specification, weight and styles. Only qualified fabrics can be put in storage. Then, we will inspect whether there are breakage, dirty mark, woven flaw, color difference or other problems on the fabric. The flaw we find in inspection will be marked.
In addition, we will implement IQC to the accessories such as character verification of sewn-in label, adhesion degree of adhesive interlining, zipper smooth degree, etc. Unqualified accessories will be not used in production.
In sampling inspection, we will choose representative samples which are produced by different material suppliers, and have different styles and colors, so as to ensure high data accuracy.
2. Main Contents of Technical Preparation
Technical preparation has three contents including process sheet, model formulation and sample production. It is a significant means to ensure smooth going of mass production and that the finished products meet customer's requirements.
The process sheet is a guidance document in product processing, which presents particular requirements for product specification, materials, tailoring, packaging, etc. and make some details such as accessories match and stitching density so clear. Each process in production should be in strict compliance with the process sheet.
Model formulation requires accuracy in size and complete in specifications. The contour lines of relevant parts should be accurately identical. On the model, product style number, part, specification and quality requirement should be marked.
After finishing process sheet and model formulation, we can carry out small batch production of samples, timely amend discrepancies according to customer and technological requirements, and tackle technological difficulties, so that mass production can be smoothly done. Confirmed samples by customer will become an important test standard.
3. Cotton Making and Quilting
Cotton making and quilting is the beginning phase of bulk production. The heat insulation effect of our kitchen textiles mainly depends on the “quantity” and “quality” of cotton. The “quantity” here is what we call gram weight. The larger the quantity of cotton is, the better the heat insulation effect can be generated.
Quality means what cotton we choose. Pure white cotton is far from great for generating excellent heat insulation effect. Different from ordinary cotton, the cotton NEW STAR selects is regenerated cotton that is tight and heavy, perfect for thermal insulation. In addition, we can use polyester wadding and acupuncture cotton as per customers. They have more beautiful color but lower cost effectiveness than regenerated cotton.
Quilting is to fix cotton between fabrics, avoiding the occurrence of cotton flow, fall, etc. during use. According to certain requirements, the quilting lines can form diamond-type lattices, can be parallel or form wavy pattern.
4. Technological Requirements for Tailoring
Before tailoring, we will draw a layout according to model. “Integrity, reasonability and economy” are essential principle of the layout. Main technological requirements for tailoring are as follows:
1) Check the number of fabrics and avoid defects.
2) For the fabrics needed to be dyed or coated in different batches, tailoring should be implemented in batches, preventing that there is color difference or cross coating on the same product. For the fabric that has color difference, we will do layout based on the color difference.
3) Pattern position on the fabric should be in compliance with the technological requirements. After tailoring, we will check number and do cut piece inspection, and bundle up in piles according to specifications. A ticket on which product style number, part, specifications, etc. are marked will be enclosed herewith.
Sewing is the central process of production. According to styles and technologies, it can be divided into machine sewing and manual sewing. We enforce line production in the sewing process.
After sewing, a product is basically formed. However, there will be a number of thread residues and sticky hair on the product. And even, there may be needle and threads left on it. The final cleaning process is to clean up these things, presenting the most perfect products to our customers.
7. Final Products Inspection (FQC)
Product inspection exists in the whole production process from fabric purchase through cotton making and quilting, tailoring, sewing to cleaning. Before packaging, we will enforce comprehensive inspection to the final products to ensure high quality. The main contents of our final products inspection are as follows:
1) Whether the style is same with that of approval sample or not?
2) Are size and specification in compliance with the requirements of technical sheet and samples?
3) Is stitching correct or not? Is sewing neat and smooth?
4) Are printing patterns on the print fabric correct? Do they stay in the right position?
5) Are the fabric coatings accurate? Are there defects or oil stain on the fabric?
6) Are there color differences between same products?
7) Are there thread residues, needles and other things left on the product?
8) Are the quilting lines fixed or not?
9) If the thread residues have been cleaned up or not?
10) Are the accessories complete or not?
11) Are the size label, wash label, trademark, etc. same with the actual goods, and are their position right?
12) Whether the overall shape is good or not?
(13) Whether the package meets standards or not?
8. Packaging and Storage
The packaging of NEW STAR textile products can be divided into package by hanging and package in boxes. The latter generally includes inner packing and outer packing.
Inner packing means that one or several pieces of products are packed into a bag on which style number and size will be marked. This packaging will be asked for neat and beautiful. Some special styles will be specially handled in packing for keeping original styles.
Outer packing means the products will be packed in boxes. Product size and color will be matched in the box according to customer's requirements or technical sheet instruction. When packing, it should be noticed that whether the quantity is right and whether the color and size are correctly matched. On the exterior of the box, shipping mark should be printed, indicating customers, port of destination, carton number, quantity, place of origin, etc.